Unable to update firmware on LOG4 USB

After long pause I decided to use my LOG4 USB again, but I am unable to update firmware.

Model: USB Gen 1
Firmware: 0.2.1
Desktop application: 2.4.1 for Windows

First problem is that after connecting from Desktop application to the LOG4 USB, it takes about 10 seconds before Desktop application shows message "Have not received heart beat from the backend for a while, the app will be shut down" and then Desktop application will shut down. So starting firmware update is quite difficult as within 10 seconds I have to:

1) select "Tools > Firmware Update" in Desktop application
2) hold navigation button on LOG4 USB
3) press and release reset button on LOG4 USB
4) release navigation button on LOG4 USB
5) Press "Confirm" button in Desktop application

I have not been able to do that, so instead I did:

1) start Desktop application, wait for it to detect LOG4 USB but don't connect
2) hold navigation button on LOG4 USB
3) press and release reset button on LOG4 USB
4) release navigation button on LOG4 USB
5) select Connect in Desktop application
5) select "Tools > Firmware Update" in Desktop application
6) Press "Confirm" button in Desktop application

This seems to start firmware update, but then I get to the second problem - update doesn't work:

The "Updating Firmware" window stays at "Clearing Port..." at least over 20 minutes. Progression bar doesn't move at all and on the background Desktop application keeps showing messages "Reconnecting - Lost connection to the current serial port, trying to reconnect" and "Reconnection Success - Has reconnected to the current serial port.". These both repeat every 11 seconds or so.

Comments

• edited October 8

Hi, thanks for your question. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Log4USB firmware. We are looking into this and will get back to you soon.

• Any news about this? Current desktop software is completely unusable as it works only for 10 seconds.

If you can't fix this, could you at least allow download of older versions which work better?

• Hello, sorry for the delay. You should have received an email from us in response to your query. Please let us know what software and firmware version you are running so we can assist you. Best, Holly

• I didn't answer that email because I already gave that information you asked in first post of this thread.

Model: USB Gen 1
    Firmware: 0.2.1
    Desktop application: 2.4.1 for Windows